Direct Access Training at Parking O Series
The DAS or the Direct Access Scheme is for those who wish to ride on unrestricted motorcycles of high engine capacities. It is available to anyone above the age of 17. However, due to the latest modifications in the law, there may be some restrictions on the size of the motorbikes. This can be explained as below.
- Riders between the age of 17 and 18 can only ride a 125 cc bike after the completion of the Direct Access Training. When the two years are completed, they can go in for a renewal and continue riding the 125 cc or move further to the A2.
- Those between the age of 19 and 24 are allowed to take the DAT on 400cc bikes. Upon passing the test, they will be allowed to ride bikes of up to 46.6 BHp. It is also possible to lower the power of heavier motorcycles to this limit as long as the declared output is less than 92 BHp. However, heavier bikes such as Suxuki GSX1000, Honda CBR1000 are only allowed when you cross the age limit.
- Riders at and above 24 years of age can take the test on a motorcycle of 600 cc with a 40 kW power output. Upon passing the test, they are allowed to ride bikes of any power and any size. However, he or she is required to have passed the A2 test previously and held the license for a minimum of two years.
Direct Access Training at Training O Series
At Training O series, we provide you with all the necessary training required to ride more powerful bikes. So if it is your dream to ride bigger unrestricted machines, you can come straight to us. We have a team of highly qualified, DSVA approved instructors who can help you turn this dream into a reality. We provide you with a range of bikes to choose from during the training. You can go for starter bikes if you want something that is easier to handle and not too heavy or powerful. We also lower the heavier bikes in order so as to adjust to the needs of the rider.
Our talented team of instructors works cohesively to ensure that you have an enjoyable learning experience. A low student-to-instructor ratio ensures that you receive enough attention during the training. By the end of the program, you will have acquired all the essential skills for a safe ride. We also have a high pass rate. So you need not worry about passing your theory test.
The Direct Access Training is spread over 4 days on average. There are a few documents that you need to produce and keep with you throughout the training period. These include
- Your driver’s license with a photo for identification. If the license does not have a photo, you will be required to carry your passport
- A pass certificate for Valid Theory Test
- A CBT certificate that is still valid.
The course fees may vary depending on your level of expertise and the type of bike you hire.